PDA

View Full Version : NB205-N210 Power Saver Problem

Frax Prax
24.08.2009, 20:45
Hi!

Im haveing an error during install of the Power Saver software.
I have Win XP SP3 (Hungarian) and when I try to install the software, it gives me this message:
"1628: script based installation unsuccessful"

I read after this, and they say that "Idriver.exe" makes the error, I tryed to disable it but I cant,
Anyone can help me finding out how to install this vital part of software to my netbook, with out it the batter last only for about 3-4 hour (insted of 7-9)?
Thank you very much in foreward!

Akuma
25.08.2009, 02:32
Microsofts Knowledge base suggests:

Method 10
If you get the message error "Error 1628: Failed to complete script based install"
And followed the instruction above and it didnít resolve the problem and you just create fresh
installation packet by using InstallShiled tool, please disable "Cache installation on local machine"
option during the installation packet create process.
Link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175

So maybe it has something to do with temporary files.
Go into c:\documents and settings\[your name]\Local Settings\Temp
and delete all the files in there (close all other programs first, or do it in Safe Mode).

Also try disabling your Antivirus software. They can sometimes block installations.

Frax Prax
25.08.2009, 21:39
"just create fresh
installation packet by using InstallShiled tool, please disable "Cache installation on local machine"
option during the installation packet create process."

How? I dont understand...

I tryed the win inst fix from the MS website, does not work.
I emptied the temp, does not work.
I runned the msiexec thing, does not work.

Also please note that I were reinstalled the XP with a different one, and in that system it does not worked (where were no anti vir or anything)

Frax Prax
29.08.2009, 20:48
UPDATE!

I installed a Win Vista SP2 on a separate HDD in my Toshiba, and the same error occured!
So maybe Toshiba Tech Team would have a look on the package....