PDA

View Full Version : NB100 Bios password reset

nbuser
24.08.2009, 21:05
I have an NB100 Netbook and would like to reset the supervisor password.

I am aware of two possible solutions for Toshiba systems in general; one utilising a floppy disk and one utilising a rewired parallel device, however as the NB100 has neither of these they can't be used. Unless, the floppy disk method can be used with a USB flash memory stick.

So, is it possible to use the FD method, in which case what is the offset to use (the FD suggests the first 4 bytes of the second sector)? Or is there any other method other than sending the unit to Toshiba?

Thanks in anticipation,

Akuma
25.08.2009, 02:26
You can't use a floppy disk or parallel device, it must be done by an Authorized Service Provider. There is an ASP list on the Toshiba website.

nbuser
27.08.2009, 02:07
A dissappointing but I guess correct answer.

jhone
27.10.2009, 11:21
A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

Message was edited

Paolo30
27.10.2009, 14:47
Hi mate

Maybe this would function on common desktop PC but this will never ever function on Toshiba notebooks.
I think you have mixed something…
Notebooks motherboards are different and in order to remove the BIOS you will need to follow a special procedure which can be proceeded only by an ASP technician.

So please don’t confuse the people here because the only real and safe solution is to contact the local ASP.