PDA

View Full Version : Sat Pro A60: Graphics Card problem on Boot up

MerseyB
07.06.2005, 18:51
Just got a Satellite Pro A60.
Everytime it boots up it crashes and then restarts.It then works perfectly OK, even if you restart it.But then if you start it after it being off for a couple of hours it crashes on boot up again?
Windows Error Report blames the ATI Radeon 7000 graphics driver (See report below) but I have updated the graphics driver and still get the same problem.
CAN ANYBODY HELP?

This is the error report:
Error caused by ATI Graphics Driver: No specific solution found
Problem Description
An unknown error occurred in ATI Graphics Driver, created by ATI® Technologies, Inc.
Problem Resolution
ATI® Technologies, Inc is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.
• Download and install an updated ATI Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
o Windows Update
o ATI® Technologies, Inc
• If an updated driver is not available, check with your computer manufacturer.
• If you are running the latest version of ATI Graphics Driver, please contact ATI® Technologies, Inc for your support options.

Additional Information
• If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for ATI Graphics Driver we highly recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from ATI® Technologies, Inc.
• If you are not familiar with ATI Graphics Driver and you are questioning how the program was installed on your computer, it is possible that the program was installed with another program. If you do not know why ATI Graphics Driver is running, many programs configure themselves to start automatically every time you turn on your computer .

Miro
08.06.2005, 16:14
Hi Marsey

Can you please tell me if this problem occur when you use the driver given by Toshiba or ATI? I can not imagine that this problem comes alone. Can you tell us since when you have this problem?

Check also if there is a BIOS update for your unit.

MerseyB
08.06.2005, 16:58
I have had the computer from New and it's two weeks old.
The graphics card is an ATI fitted by Toshiba.

NickyNoogle
09.06.2005, 02:39
Hi Barry,

I would be inclined to return your notebook to an authorised Toshiba Service Agent. The OEM software should not require any updated drivers at this early stage in its life and the unit will be well within its warranty period.

Details of your nearest Service agent can be found from the Toshiba website.

HTH

Horwath
09.06.2005, 14:21
Hi Mersey

Before you contact service partner or your local dealer try to reinstall OS using Recovery CD. In this case it should work properly. If there is the same problem after reinstallation procedure contact the service partner in your country and let them check the unit.

MerseyB
09.06.2005, 17:23
Thanks Everyone!

As per Horwath's idea,I have just used the recovery disc,and fingers crossed it will do the trick,if not it will have to go back.

Thanks Again

Message was edited by: MerseyB