PDA

View Full Version : Installing External DVD Rewriter on NB200

Tesa
22.06.2009, 10:43
Hi,
This is a first time post following the purchase of a NB200 using the standard installed WinXP OS. Along with the NB200 I also bought a LG GP08LU10 'External Super Multi DVD Rewriter'. When I plug the DVD drive into the NB200 it powers up and the NB200 recognises the hardware as a CD-ROM Drive; however, it is disabled. Running the WinXP Add Harware Wizard results in the message 'This device is disabled (Code 22)'.

A check of the CD that came with the DVD Drive reveals that there are no drivers on the CD only the DVD burning and playing software.

I have plugged the DVD Drive into my Lenovo laptop that is also running WinXP and the unit 'plugged and played' as you would expect.

A web search based on the LG GP08 product ID creates very few hits with one or two seeming to describe similar symptoms but no solutions. Most talk about installing a driver but I have not been able to locate a driver on the LG site (or as I said, on the product CD).

The DVD Drive comes with a 'standard' USB cable and a USB power cable. Each cable alone and both cables together with the NB200 plugged into mains power supply and it still does not plug and play.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Regards,
Tesa

Gipsyman
29.06.2009, 16:25
Hi

According to Microsoft page the error 22 means that the device is either disabled or has not started. Possibly it hasnít started in your case.

There are several solution proposals.
One of them said that you should remove it from the device manager and should reboot the notebook.
After new reboot the OS should recognize the attached DVD Drive again.

At the other hand you could try to remove all the USB hubs and USB controllers from the device list and should reboot the notebook again.
This help to refresh the USB drivers.

Iím not quite sure if removing of upper and lower filters would change anything but maybe itís a worth a try.
Start the registry and remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

After that reboot the notebook and check the USB DVD driveís functionality.