PDA

View Full Version : Tecra 8100 does not power up let alone boot

liamt
12.05.2005, 19:01
Any help appreciated.

I have a Tecra 8100 laptop which has recently refused to power-up or boot. If I connect AC power the DC IN indicator shows steady green. I then press the power-on button and the laptop momentarily attempts to start and sometimes you briefly hear the CD drive whirl into life. But then the laptop shuts down (normally after less than 1 second from the power up) and the DC IN indicator flashes orange. If I disconnect and reconnect AC power the DC IN indicator resets to steady green.

I have tried changing the battery power pack and both memory SIMMS with known working replacements. I've also left the battery power back on charge for quite a while - all to no avail.

Appreciate any ideas you may have. I suspect it won't be worth sending back to the manufacturer for repair as the warranty has expired.

Many Thanks,
Liam.

chris_cool
12.05.2005, 22:06
Hi,

do you see the red Toshiba logo when the notebook start up for theese second?

When the Toshiba logo is shown then the hardware should be ok, otherwise there is somethng wrong with it!

Then please contact a service partner for a short check up! At https://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com you will find list with all available european service partners!

Bye Chris