PDA

View Full Version : NB-100 Can't view bottom of large dialog boxes on shallow screen

ozwriter
04.01.2009, 15:51
Hi,

I just bought the NB100 Netbook with Ubuntu Linux. I am very happy with it except for this problem related to the shallow screen dimensions (and the grey keyboard letters).

If there is a large dialog box on the screen, I can't scroll it upwards to access the fields and buttons at the bottom of the dialog box.

I have tried to change the screen resolution with Fn+Esc. That seems to only toggle between two font width settings and doesn't help. The zoom functions Fn+a or Fn+s don't seem to work in dialog boxes.

My specific problem is that the printer dialog box in Adobe Acrobat is deeper than the screen and I can't see the Print button. If the screen has the default focus, pressing RETURN activates the default Print button, but if the focus is moved to a field, pressing RETURN doesn't start the print function.

I presume that this would also be a problem on Windows machines, because this is a standard Adobe Print dialog box. Although in Windows, it's probably possible to change the screen resolution from the desktop.

Does anybody know how to change the monitor resolution in Ubuntu Linux, hopefully temporarily, for such situations?

Message was edited by: ozwriter

sk7
05.01.2009, 12:17
Use [alt] and left mouse button to move the window around.

snooze
05.01.2009, 15:19
Hi,

Click with the right button on the left corner of the title bar, than with the left mouse button click on ‚??move‚??. After that you can move the window with the arrow keys.

ciao

TOSHIBA NB100-10Y

snooze
05.01.2009, 15:22
> {quote:title=ozwriter wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I just bought the NB100 Netbook with Ubuntu Linux. I am very happy with it except for this problem related to the shallow screen dimensions (and the grey keyboard letters).
>
> If there is a large dialog box on the screen, I can't scroll it upwards to access the fields and buttons at the bottom of the dialog box.
>
> I have tried to change the screen resolution with Fn+Esc. That seems to only toggle between two font width settings and doesn't help. The zoom functions Fn+a or Fn+s don't seem to work in dialog boxes.
>
> My specific problem is that the printer dialog box in Adobe Acrobat is deeper than the screen and I can't see the Print button. If the screen has the default focus, pressing RETURN activates the default Print button, but if the focus is moved to a field, pressing RETURN doesn't start the print function.
>
> I presume that this would also be a problem on Windows machines, because this is a standard Adobe Print dialog box. Although in Windows, it's probably possible to change the screen resolution from the desktop.
>
> Does anybody know how to change the monitor resolution in Ubuntu Linux, hopefully temporarily, for such situations?
>
> Message was edited by: ozwriter

Hi,

Click with the right button on the left corner of the title bar, than with the left mouse button click on __MOVE__. After that you can move the window with the arrow keys.

ciao

TOSHIBA NB100-10Y

ozwriter
07.01.2009, 23:53
Hi guys,

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, right clicking on the title bar and using the Move option can't move the dialog higher than the top of the screen, so I still can't see the bottom of the dialog box and the all important buttons.

sk7 wins with the Alt left button method. I can now move the dialog box anywhere I want. It also works for application windows which is great for living with the shallow screen.

Cheers.

Yozzer
20.01.2009, 14:55
Hi, just bought one of these and also having problems moving the dialogue box around, also scrolling in apps. I tried alt and left mouse button but no luck, the curser just moves around, where do you position the curser to grip the box?
In som apps such as Panasonic Photofun, I had to deinstall it and use picaso because I could not get to the response boxes. I have aslo tried to install a fw games such as sins of a solar empire but could niether scroll or get to where responses are require. Some advice would be appreciated.
Regards, Brian

magnetra7
03.02.2009, 21:32
Try a1ctl, it allows you to use 1024*768 (either scrolling or scaling) on NB100. It was designed for Acer Aspire One but some functions work though on NB100.

beginner
05.04.2009, 01:25
'Sorry magnetra7, what do you mean by a1ctrl

is it a program?
where to download?

thanks.

beginner
05.04.2009, 01:26
'Sorry magnetra7, what do you mean by a1ctrl

Is it a program?
Where to download?

Thanks.

snooze
05.04.2009, 13:48
Try to google @ a1ctl and You'll find it...

Cheers.