PDA

View Full Version : Satellite U300-14Q doesn't boot - warranty question

iagorpa
11.11.2008, 19:57
Hello!!

I bought my laptop last may in Spain and today I couldnít boot it.
I canít start my computer, so Iím really worried about it, because Iím going to live in Berlin for 2 months.

Can I send my computer to any service center close to Berlin?? Or other service center in Germany even if I bought it in Spain?

I strongly need my data files that I save in my computer.
If I open the laptop and take from inside my hard disk before send it, do Iíll lose the warranty??

Thank you very much

Jimi
11.11.2008, 20:12
Well, the Toshiba notebooks are covered by world wide warranty so usually the Toshiba ASP in Germany should be able to help you too.

> If I open the laptop and take from inside my hard disk before send it, do Iíll lose the warranty??
Well, the HDD is placed at the bottom of the unit and the HDD cover can be removed and you will not lose the warranty. I think more details you will get from the ASP.

But you said that your notebook doesnít boot.
Please check if this will help you to start the notebook;
- remove the battery and disconnect the AC adaptor
- wait about 30-40min and then connect both parts to the notebook
- try to power up the notebook

If this will not help you then itís time for the ASP.

Good luck

iagorpa
12.11.2008, 14:10
Hello Jim, and thank you very much for your help
I tried to do the thing you said me, but anything solved.

My only chance is to send my laptop to the service center, but Iīm living in Berlin (Germany) for some months, and Iīve bought my computer in Spain last May. What is the Toshiba service center closest to Berlin? I think that I need an international service center. Do I need the Spanish invoice (bill)? Will the warranty cover this reparation?
Thank you again.
Bye

R2D2
12.11.2008, 16:36
Hi

Check this page:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/ -> Support & Download -> Find an Authorized Service Provider

There you can find all available Toshiba ASPs worldwide.

> Do I need the Spanish invoice (bill)? Will the warranty cover this reparation?
Iím not quite sure if you would need a sales check. I think if you have registered the notebook on the Toshiba page then the ASP should be able to see a day of purchase. But in my opinion the ASP will provide all needed details. Just contact the guys.

Good luck

iagorpa
12.11.2008, 17:26
Hello again!
I have just tried to search for support in this page, but there is no information abot any place in Germany.
I need help!
Thank you

R2D2
12.11.2008, 17:53
Are you kidding me?
You should be led to this page:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/gaspLocator.jsp?pf=true

there you should find some ASPs in Germany!!!