PDA

View Full Version : Does my Satellite U400-100o overheats?

Helmey
02.11.2008, 18:59
Hello everyone.

I bought Toshiba Satellite U400-10o in August and I was very happy.
I liked it a lot but it has only one problem which is overheating especially the place that is used instead of the mouse.
In the beginning I thought that heat is just normal but when two friends of mine bought Toshiba Satellite U400 series I didn't notice any a high heat as mine.

I don't know what do!!
Do I have to go to a Toshiba service or overheat that I have in my U400-10o won't affect my laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Markus77
02.11.2008, 21:25
Hi

> I liked it a lot but it has only one problem which is overheating especially the place that is used instead of the mouse.
I think you mean the touchpad. Well I’ve got a U400 to and my touchpad is also a little bit warmer as the rest of the top cover. Do you know why?
Because the cooling modules are place under the touchpad and therefore this area feels warmer.

You said that your notebook overheats… Overheating means that the notebook would shutdown automatically to prevent the hardware from damage. Does the notebook shut down automatically? No? Well, this would mean that the notebook does NOT overheat.

However, if you think there is something wrong with the notebook then you can contact the ASP in your country for an check.

Greets

Helmey
03.11.2008, 17:25
Hello Markus77, thank you very much for answering my question
and I really appreciate your help. Actually my computer is not shutting down
and as you said the touchpad gets hot/warm but when I work on it I don't feel
any problem. I was worried since the touchpad of my laptop was much warmer than
the U400 laptops of my friends but I think there is no need to worry about it
since it is not shutting down :).

Best regards.

Message was edited by: Helmey