PDA

View Full Version : Re: Installation of Windows XP on Satellite X200-23G - No HDD

saurabh.borse
14.09.2008, 04:53
I tried installing Windows XP on my Satellite X200-23g, once i got installed but as desktop was seen... blue screen of death.
Error occur and it went into restarting cycle... so i again installed VISTA from reconvery cd.

Now when i try to install XP from other CDs which i have, it says hard disk not found press F3 to quit. s

Someone plz enlighten me on this issue..
I need to install xp as my college progs and not vista compatible.

Eldorado
14.09.2008, 10:43
Hi

Your Windows Setup does not see the HDD because the SATA drivers were not included into the XP installation CD.
The new notebook generation are equipped with HDD SATA controller. But the Win XP or Vista donít have a SATA driver integrated.

SO you will have to download the Intel Matrix Storage Manger. There you can find the SATA drivers.
You could use ďnLiteĒ software. Itís free and it will help you to create a new XP CD and to include the SATA driver. Then you could use this new CD for XP installation.

This Toshiba document might be helpful.
[How to integrate a SATA AHCI driver in a Windows XP Setup CD|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm ]

Cheers