PDA

View Full Version : WLAN seems not to be working on Equium A210

machaig
18.08.2008, 23:35
I have an Equium A210 & for some reason it cannot find ANY wireless networks. I have just had a bt home hub (2) installed & having to connect to it by wire is a bit of a pain... I have reinstalled the driver for my wlan card & still no joy...

Can anyone help?

DennisFarina
21.08.2008, 15:22
Hi there,

did you set everything to default? If I were you I would set firstly everything to default. Check if the wlan in your machine is without encryption and activated (check if the switch for wlan is on "ON" and if the keycombination Fn-F8 activated the wireless devices.)
Make sure the HUB is on factory defaults and then try to connect....

Which wireless card is installed in your machine?

Greets

pulling my hair out
12.09.2008, 00:26
I seem to be having a similar problem on the P200 1Ed it is showing that my WLAN is disabled. can any one help a computer illetrate get it back up and running?

Cheers
pulling my hair out

Akuma
12.09.2008, 00:34
Try this:

Turn on the physical Wireless switch on the front or side of the laptop
Update the Wireless LAN driver from the Toshiba Website
Temporarily disable the Ethernet LAN in case it is conflicting.
Turn OFF your Firewall, check the settings in your Internet Security or AntiVirus Software.
Uninstall the 3rd Party Wireless Lan Manager. For example with an Intel Wifi Card, Uninstall the Intel Proset Manager from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Ensure the Wireless Zero Configuration Service is started. Go to Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services

If all else fails, backup your data and run Recovery. If it still doesnt work on a fresh image, send the laptop to an ASP for repair.