PDA

View Full Version : Re: Satellite Pro L40 - No POST

europreventie
05.07.2008, 10:21
I have a brand new Satellite Pro L40 with Win XP. (installed by the computershop).

The laptop worked fine until it won't boot anymore.
No POST, the power LED goes on, the DVD drive checks and then it's silent. No beep, nothing.
I still can shutdown the laptop by pressing the power button for a few seconds.

Even when I removed the memory and HD it still doesn't beep or anything.
Now I want the reset the bios but can't see the rtc battery.

What to do?

Mike30
05.07.2008, 10:53
Hello Leon

You have mobile PC and not desktop. This with RTC battery cannot work on laptops. What you want to do? Remove RTC battery or what? All you can do is to enter BIOS and set it to default settings.

When you start your notebook can you see some HDD activity? Does HDD led blinks?
Have you used your notebook with external display?

europreventie
05.07.2008, 14:49
I have worked on laptops before and some of them have a RTC battery, for example acer and sony. I just guessed Toshiba's would have them too ;-)

HDD LED does not Blink, I didn't used a external display and I cannot enter Bios, no POST.

europreventie
05.07.2008, 20:07
I have worked on several laptops before and most of them have a rtc hidden somewhere, for example acer and sony, I guessed toshiba will have that too. ;-)

I can't enter the BIOS, the HDD does not blink or goes on, only the power LED goes on. I haven't had a external monitor on it.

europreventie
05.07.2008, 20:09
I have worked on several laptops before and most of them have a rtc hidden somewhere, for example acer and sony, I guessed toshiba will have that too. ;-)

I can't enter the BIOS, the HDD does not blink or goes on, only the power LED goes on. I haven't had a external monitor on it.

europreventie
05.07.2008, 20:13

europreventie
05.07.2008, 20:30
I have worked on several laptops before and most of them have a rtc hidden somewhere, I guessed Toshiba will have that too. ;-)

Message was edited by: ADMIN

europreventie
06.07.2008, 23:57
I have found the RTC, shortend the pins and now the laptop boots again.