PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Home and Tecra 780dvd...

shimmyshimmy
09.04.2005, 11:02
hi,

not sure if anyone can help me, i have a tecra 780dvd with winXP home installed, as well as win98SE. i only use XP for my iPOD connection and music transfer, but the built in DVD drive of the 780dvd (sd-c2002 is the number of drive according to XP) isn't working at all. obviously, i need this for music trnsfer's and everything else really. i know i have had the drive working in XP before, but in device manager it says that the driver is missing or corrupted. when i uninstall the drive and reinstall it does exactly the same! i do not have my XP disk with me as i am at university abroad and the winXP homepage on microsoft.com seems to be of very little help, does anyone have a clue what the problem could be? maybe some sort of conflict with another device? although there is no resource conflict, according to XP. i have no idea what the problem is!

would be really grateful if someone could shed some light on this.

thanks.

Horwath
11.04.2005, 10:57
Hi shimmy

It is not easy to say what the problem can be but as far as I know it is possible that you have a virus. A friend of mine has had the same situation. By the virus becomes IDE a yellow question mark.

Try to make virus scan at first.

shimmyshimmy
11.04.2005, 11:39
i have found the solution now, on the windows website. i had to remove 2 values from the registry which were apparently left by a cd-burning program, probably easy cd creator. anyay i followed the instructions fiven and it worked after a reboot!

Horwath
11.04.2005, 11:41
Hi again

Can you please send me the link of this windows website?

shimmyshimmy
11.04.2005, 14:50
hi, this is the link to the microsoft web page i used. it's pretty simple, just use the registry editor and reboot. hope it works!

shimmyshimmy
11.04.2005, 14:51
sorry forgot to paste the link! it is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270008