PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro L40-15A: Motherboard issue

jpr1971
21.04.2008, 22:39
Hi all,

I have a sat pro L40-15A and it was running vista basic but very slowly.

A friend advised me I'd need to renew the bios to the xp one to install xp. I did it and now it is dead. The fan doesn't even spin, although the wireless light comes on and the 3 lights above the on/off switch flash once.

I took the motherboard out (part number 08g2002ta22jtb). Upon inspection there seems to be a re-set button on the board (near the battery terminals). It is only accessible with the board removed. Does anyone know haw to restore the factory bios settings please?

Many thanks in advance.

John.

marina4000
26.04.2008, 21:10
Hi mate,

thats cool that you finally disassembled your machine. But you won´t get any benefit from this action since the bios has to be reflashed by an toshiba technician SINCE they have the right tools to do this.

I am not sure how or which tools they use but I had an similar problem on my Satellite A100 and they fixed it without exchanging the mainboard. (So it was told to me).

If I were you I would send the machine to the next and nearest ASP (authorized service partner) in your country. They should bring your machine back to life.

Here´s a [LINK|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_whitepaper.jsp?service=EU&WHITEPAPER_ID=0000000871] to an ASP-locator if you need some help..

Cheerio