PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro L20 - cd/dvd drive unresponsive

Hamnett04
12.03.2008, 17:20
Hi,

I currently have a Satellite Pro L20, recently my cd/dvd drive has stop working, and it keeps coming up with the error message “I/O device driver”. It is unable to read any form of cd/dvds. I am unable to explore the d: drive keeps asking for a blank disc to be inserted.

Thank you.

JackBlack
13.03.2008, 10:21
I’m relly not 100% sure if my advice will help you to solve this issue but I would recommend removing the drive from the device manager and then to remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Then reboot the notebook and check if it helps… it worth a try….

Anyway… if it doesn’t help the chances are that the drive’s hardware would malfunctions. Possibly the drive’s laser lens cannot calibrate in the right position and therefore it’s not possible to read or write the CD or DVD.

Mike30
19.03.2008, 13:45
Hello

Does this error message occurs at the start up? Is the CD/DVD drive listed in Windows explorer? What is the status in device manager?

Sorry but it is really necessary to give more simply info bout the drive. It can help for better problem understanding. If the drive is not visible in windows explorer and has an yellow exclamation mark in device manager please use method described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008/en-us

If not please post again.