PDA

View Full Version : XP Driver support for Modem and Card Reader on Satellite U300

rajeevji2006
08.03.2008, 09:23
Hello,

I downgraded my Satellite U300 Laptop from Vista ot XP. Now I am facing some problems.
I couldn't find any compatible XP driver support from Toshiba about Modem and Card Reader. Is it available? If so please let me know the link for the same. Thank you.
Rajeev

DennisFarina
08.03.2008, 18:09
I donīt know where your problem is... I checked the Toshiba Drivers & Download site and found ALL drivers including yours (modem and cardreader).

So, PLEASE, go [HERE|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp] and download the modem/cardreader driver.

Thats it.

Greetings

Tanyuxa
30.03.2008, 17:43
I have downloaded and installed necessary drivers - notably Flash Media Driver. But Card Reader doesn't work. How can I make it work?

robintt
03.04.2008, 09:48
Do you have an unknown device in your device manager or isn't it possible to use it?
Please give more details.

Tanyuxa
03.04.2008, 21:51
After posting here I've tried 6 different sd cards from 16 Mb to 2 Gb. Only one has been working correctly.
Testing results (with the translation from native language):
1. 16 Mb - "New device was found", master offers to install driver and standard windows driver was installed. "Device is ready to use". But my computer is empty. F5 - nothing new. There is no device in device manager. Or I don't know where is it.
2. 256 Mb - Nothing happens at all.
3. 512 Mb - "disk storage unit" with "exclamation mark" appears and disappears in device manager
4. 1 Gb - "New device was found", master offers to install driver and standard windows driver is installing. This card works correctly!
5. Another 1 Gb - the same as no.3
6. 2 Gb gives "unknown device" in tray and "exclamation mark" in device manager. I can't see it in "My computer".

I don't know why toshiba drivers doesn't work. But device manager shows notably standard windows driver for those cards that are visible there.

Maybe cards 1-3 are defective. But 4-6 exactly are working.

Tanyuxa
03.04.2008, 21:53
After posting here I've tried 6 different sd cards from 16 Mb to 2 Gb. Only one has been working correctly.
Testing results (with the translation from native language):
1. 16 Mb - "New device was found", master offers to install driver and standard windows driver was installed. "Device is ready to use". But my computer is empty. F5 - nothing new. There is no device in device manager. Or I don't know where is it.
2. 256 Mb - Nothing happens at all.
3. 512 Mb - "disk storage unit" with "exclamation mark" appears and disappears in device manager
4. 1 Gb - "New device was found", master offers to install driver and standard windows driver is installing. This card works correctly!
5. Another 1 Gb - the same as no.3
6. 2 Gb gives "unknown device" in tray and "exclamation mark" in device manager. I can't see it in "My computer".

I don't know why toshiba drivers doesn't work. But device manager shows notably standard windows driver for those cards that are visible there.

Maybe cards 1-3 are defective. But 4-6 exactly are working.