PDA

View Full Version : Sattelite Pro U300: Battery LED does not indicate low power using Linux

dortik
27.02.2008, 10:09
Hi,

I have Sattelite Pro U300 and I'm using Linux.
I've notice one problem on my PC, it does not indicate that battery power is low (not blinking) and just turns off.

Is it this indicator driven by software or it is some hardware problem on my laptop?

Another small issue that monitor does not remember brightness for battery mode.

Thanks

Jimi
27.02.2008, 17:03
Hi

>I've notice one problem on my PC, it does not indicate that battery power is low (not blinking) and just turns off. Is it this indicator driven by software or it is some hardware problem on my laptop?
>Another small issue that monitor does not remember brightness for battery mode.

Please don’t be mad at me but firstly I would not speak about “problems” if you use the Linux on the Toshiba notebook. Fact is that Linux is not supported and therefore some notebooks features could not function correctly.

Regarding the battery led;
The LEDs are controlled by BIOS. As you know the notebook was equipped with Vista and therefore the BIOS support Vista.
As I said above, if you will use another OS like XP or possibly Linux then some features could not function correctly.

ft-538009118
24.03.2008, 10:08
Hi,

There is something I still do not understand on this forum : if Toshiba does not support Linux installs at all, why does this forum exists ?

I do not know if my post will be published, but really guys you should mention ONE TIME this non-support policy on forum header, and STOP writing in all threads "Please remember that Toshiba does not support Linux, so bla bla bla".

So what's the goal of this forum ? IMHO just to make a place available to Toshiba particular issues with Linux, in addition with classical Linux forums.

When a driver is not available, you know that the better place to go is the distro's forums, not the boring non-updated links you always mention.

Francois

ft-538009118
24.03.2008, 10:10
Are you using Windows ? The LED is ok ?
What distribution are you using ?

snake77
27.04.2008, 22:49
Try doing a BIOS update (this fixes the annoying fan problem if anyone is experiencing that too) it might also fix the LED problem.

I am using suse 10.1 remastered version, this works perfectly on the u300!