PDA

View Full Version : Change DVD/CD-ROM on Satellite Pro A120

rickski
03.02.2008, 20:14
Hi,
have had this notebook and its proved to a a great little worker for the family, what i want to do is change the DVD/CD-ROM to a DVD writer and I would like some help In finding out the type i need. Information needed:

-Is is the interface sata or ide
-Does it need to be master,slave or cable select

Installation guide would be handy

Thanks in advance for any help

GreyBadger
03.02.2008, 22:18
Hi Rickski, I have changed the drives on the a120 so many times I am sure i could do it in the dark blindfolded, it is realy easy and should only take you a few minutes.

If you can give me a couple of days i will put together an easy to follow step be step explanation. I only ask for a couple of days because I have to run and do not have the time to do it right now, sorry, but i will do it for asap.

marina4000
03.02.2008, 22:40
Hi there,

you can check this site if you need some information:
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/

Cheers

GreyBadger
05.02.2008, 23:54
Thanks Marina that a pretty good site and I wish I had seen it before spending the last 2 hours creating a step by step guide to removing the CD drive in a A120 with pictures and desriptions.

Anyway all done now, Rickski if you want this you can e-mail me at paulito1066@hotmail.com and I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

GreyBadger
05.02.2008, 23:54
Thanks Marina that a pretty good site and I wish I had seen it before spending the last 2 hours creating a step by step guide to removing the CD drive in a A120 with pictures and desriptions.

Anyway all done now, Rickski if you want this you can e-mail me at paulito1066@hotmail.com and I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

rickski
07.02.2008, 16:31
Hi,many thanks for all the replies,i have been to the above site but i posted after being unable to find my particular model,and knowing how some manufacturers work they change the break down procedure from model to model so have been a little hesitant in trying to follow whats there,also it doesnt say which type of drive i need.thanks again.
Greybadger will take you up on your offer of help,thank you

Message was edited by: rickski