PDA

View Full Version : Satellite U300 - Blue screen

mohs
14.01.2008, 18:02
My 10 days old Satellite U300-14D is experiencing the Blue screen problem frequently. I noticed that attaching a file from my desktop to my exchange server email triggers the blue screen.

The blue screen gives different complaints : once its RTL86.sys and then another time it's the Touch pad driver, but in every error there's always the top message IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL "Something like that" what can I do.

Should I downgrade to XP or it's a hardware problem?
Please help. I use it for work and it's a big liability having it crashing all the time this way.

Eldorado
22.01.2008, 16:12
Well, what to say…. It’s very strange that different drivers and system files cause this error message.
For me it looks like an software issue but I’m not 100% sure. It’s only my own personal suggestion…

So, it would be very interesting to know if the same error happens running Win XP!
In such case we could find out if it’s a Vista issue or a hardware problem…

Horwath
28.01.2008, 15:28
Hello

It is really not easy to say what is wrong there. You can try to install WXP on second partition and see if this will happen again. To be honest I really do not believe there is some hardware problem. I think this issue is definitely software related.