PDA

View Full Version : Screen flickering on Satellite X200-21k

Gumi
11.01.2008, 14:35
Hi!

I bought Satellite X200-21k about 2 months ago and I haven't had any problems with it so far. Yesterday, while I was doing some work on my laptop and I noticed that the screen started flickering. Along with flickering, screen brightness was going lower and lower and at one moment it was really dark. I plugged in and out the power supply cable and the screen changed its brightness while I was doing that. At one moment, my left side of the screen was completely black while the right one was really dark. I restarted computer 3 times and it happened again and again and again. After another restart, screen looked fine. Now, while I am writing this everything is normal, but I am still worried about it.

Do you have any advice for me? Do you maybe know the reason why this is happening? Could it be a virus? Could it be a power supply cable? Graphics card? :(

Regards,

Satellite X200-21k user

Jayjay
11.01.2008, 15:24
Hi

> Do you maybe know the reason why this is happening? Could it be a virus? Could it be a power supply cable? Graphics card?

- Virus issue -> donít think this issue could be caused by any viruses or malware
- Power cable -> maybe but I would tend to the monitor issue.

There is a simply procedure to test if the graphic card malfunctions or not.
You could try to connect the notebook to the external monitor and could test if the same issue appears on the second, external display.
If the same will appear on the external monitor then the chances are that the GPU is faulty.

But if the issue doesnít appear on external monitor then the internal notebooks display is faulty or the little part like the FL inverter starts to malfunction.

However, it looks like a hardware issue and a hardware problem should be always checked by an ASP which is responsible for you country.

Bye an good luck