PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a Satellite Pro A100 to a TV?

DanteRDA
05.01.2008, 19:19
HI there.
I've got a Satellite Pro A100-PSAA3E and I'm trying to connect it so that it displays on my tv.
Ive tried connecting it through the S-Video out port on my laptop to the TV via a S-Video to SCART cable and neither the laptop or the tv are picking anything up.
I've tried every input on my TV, even rebooted the laptop with the TV already on and set to every input.
I have also tried using a VGA-video cable and have gotten no further, even after trying everyhint i can think of.
As far as I am aware I have the latest drivers and have tried everything I can think of.
When ever i go into Display-Settings-Advanced-Displays, the box for the TV is completely greyed out and unclickable.

Can anyone help?

Andrej
10.01.2008, 14:39
Hi

On this forum you can find so many postings how to connect notebook to the TV. Most of them are placed under MULTIMEDIA section. One of them is http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=18877

The principle is the same for all notebook models. Please check this thread.

Chad
10.01.2008, 18:16
Hi

From my own personal experience some s-video-to-scart cables supports the wrong pin assignment.
I have connected my notebook to the TV but I got either only a white/grey display or nothing. I have changed the cable and bought only an s-video cable.
This helped to solve the issue.

One tip; on some TVs you need to enable the s-video option. Furthermore you have to use the FN+F5 key combination to switch the display on the TV

Bye