PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown issues with Satellite Pro L40

nimshy
22.12.2007, 11:58
Help!
I am currently having problems with my "new" Satellite Pro L40.
Whenever I shut down the lap top it shuts down then automatically restarts itself?? Has anyone else suffered the same symptoms? How can it be resolved? For example: is there a setting I can change etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Andrej
28.12.2007, 11:55
Sorry but you must doing something wrong. Can you please describe what you do exactly and which buttons you use for shutdown?

nimshy
28.12.2007, 13:26
> Sorry but you must doing something wrong. Can you please describe what you do exactly and which buttons you use for shutdown?

When I have finnished working I click on the start menu [the windows logo bottom left hand corner of the screen] and select the right pointing arrow/triangle which is situated next to the power on /off button and padlock symbol. In doing so a drop down menu appears, On there I select shut down and the machine shuts down as normal closing windows but this is where it goes wrong, It then restarts after 3-4 seconds and no I am not hitting re start option also on the drop down menu. I have checked the settings in the control panel under power options, And I have tried using the power button on the start menu and I have tried logging out and using the power button on the user log in page all having the same effect.

Gipsyman
29.12.2007, 13:59
Hi

Did you use the newest version of the BIOS?
Please check this and if necessary update the BIOS!!!

Just one comment;
The Vista’s shut down button default is "sleep" – you can change this following these steps:

1. Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel.
2. Click on "System and Maintenance".
3. Click on "Power Options".
4. Select a power management plan and then click on "Change Plan Settings".
5. Click on "Change advanced power settings".
6. In the Power Options dialog that appears, expand "Power Buttons and Lid", and then expand "Start menu power button".
7. Click on "Setting" and then choose the function you want the button to perform - "Sleep", "Hibernate", or "Shut down".
8. Click on OK.

best regards