PDA

View Full Version : Battery of Satellite Pro L10 does not reach full charge

cmerriman
08.12.2007, 12:10
On my Satellite Pro L10 the battery only reaches 85% charge if left charging overnight. Is this likely to be a problem with the Power Supply, charging circuitry inside the computer or the battery?

I need to know the best place to start spending money!

Some background which may or may not be relevant:
- System including battery is about 2.5 yrs old
- Battery lasts about 1 to 1.5 hrs which seems fair given its age and level of abuse (left plugged in all the time and not cycled periodically)
- Very recently system would not switch on, with or without AC adaptor plugged in. Resolved by removing AC, then battery, running on AC, then switching off and re-inserting battery. All now works on battery and/or AC.
- Prior to above problem, system was switching itself off randomly. Since solving the switch-on problem it has not randomly switched itself off, YET!

Any help or advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

DennisFarina
08.12.2007, 13:40
Hm, sounds for me like a hardware issue. But the problem is to figure out where exactly the error lies, so you have the following options:

* Contact an authorized service partner for an hardwarecheckup and a accurate diagnosis of your machine ([http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/generic_content.jsp?service=EU&ID=ASP_SUPPORT])
* You can buy a new battery (since it could be the battery, I guess)
* You can sell this machine on ebay and buy a new one :)

Hope I could give you some new and fresh thoughts. There are nearly no other options or solutions, so it´s your choice.

Greetings