PDA

View Full Version : HD DVD will not play on Satellite X200

SzymonO
24.11.2007, 20:02
Hello,

When I try to play an HD dvd in the Toshiba HD DVD player software it displays the message "Unable to playback Another application that may be using the PC's Video function may be running". I can run normal dvd s fine.

I have tried to switch off various programs, and installed the update to the software but no luck, has anyone else come across this problem and if so any suggestions? What other software can i use to try to play HD DVD's if i can't get this to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gipsyman
29.11.2007, 10:55
Hi

I presume you have tired to watch the HD DVD movies using the Toshiba own preinstalled HD DVD player.
Am I right? Please don’t be confused because as far as I know two different Toshiba DVD players are installed on this notebook.
One DVD player which handles only the “common” DVDs (V1.10.06) and second DVD player which supports the HD DVDs (V4.30.07).

If you want to play the HD DVDs you have to use the Toshiba HD DVD player!!!

Please check this!

SzymonO
03.12.2007, 22:37
Hi,

I can confirm that I am using the Toshiba HD DVD player software.

nickhackney
03.12.2007, 23:49
SzymonO,

Is your Toshiba HD DVD the 'full software' or only an update. I had heard elsewhere in the Forums that the G30 Qosmio update is not the full versiuon. I am having problems with that one!
Regards

Nick

Jeffrey
04.12.2007, 14:53
Hi guys

On the Toshiba European driver page you will find only an HD DVD player UPDATE.
To run the update the full version is needed. The full version of the Toshiba HD DVD player is already included on the Toshiba image which is preinstalled on the notebook.
You can find the image also on the Recovery CD!!

The update is necessary to play different HD DVD movies.

Please check also this:
[Data Update for Toshiba HD DVD Player supports playing titles released since Sept 7, 2007|http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=1840938&BV_EngineID=ccccaddmjgmkkhecgfkceghdgngdgnn.0]

Juan28
05.12.2007, 17:12
*@SzymonO*

You should take a look here:

["Unable to playback... the PC's Video function may be running" when attempting to play an HD-DVD movie with the Toshiba HD-DVD Player|http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=1903196&BV_EngineID=ccccaddmjgmkkhecgfkceghdgngdgnn.0]