PDA

View Full Version : Two issues with my Satellite Pro A200

Beccie
31.10.2007, 13:42
Hello

I have just bought a Satellite Pro A200 ljw notebook with windows Vista.
I have found I cannot connect to the internet or install hardware such as cameras or printers. The software installs but the actual hardware does not. at first I thought it was not compatible but I am wondering if the USB ports work correctly as no matter what I connect up, cameras, printers mp3's the pc does not find the item even though it is suppose to automatically install them any advice?

Also I am trying to connect this pc to my existing internet connection on a desktop pc. Any advice on how to do this as nothing seems to work. Both and wired and wireless capable and the laptop has an internal modem.
Thanks

Jayjay
31.10.2007, 15:49
> I have found I cannot connect to the internet or install hardware such as cameras or printers. The software installs but the actual hardware does not. at first I thought it was not compatible but I am wondering if the USB ports work correctly as no matter what I connect up, cameras, printers mp3's the pc does not find the item even though it is suppose to automatically install them any advice?

In fact some older hardware options are not compatible with the Vista. But if the 3rd party software supports the Vista then there should be not problem using such devices.
You should know that Vista is a new OS and Microsoft releases regularly very important patches and hotfixes.

I have noticed this last patch which solves many USB issued with Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941600/en-us

I recommend updating the Vista from time to time to solve some OS bugs

> Also I am trying to connect this pc to my existing internet connection on a desktop pc. Any advice on how to do this as nothing seems to work. Both and wired and wireless capable and the laptop has an internal modem.

As you said the notebook is WLan capable so why you donít use the Wlan?

I recommend also this MS How-to site:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/networking.mspx

regards