PDA

View Full Version : Satellite U200: What is the best way to use a battery?

earthman
10.10.2007, 17:02
Sorry to ask a dumb question but this U200 is my first ever laptop. ok, I've already done what most PC mags tell you, ie fully charge the battery then run untill empty then repeat process two or three times, it's suppose to get all the cells within the battery working.

Now what's the best thing to do, carry on like that or should I wait untill the battery is say half empty or so & then plug the charger in?
I believe it's not good to run the laptop with a full battery & the charger plugged in all the time, so what do you guy's do when you want to use your laptop for say 6 hours or so?

R2D2
16.10.2007, 11:30
Hi

>believe it's not good to run the laptop with a full battery & the charger plugged in all the time.

Well, the new notebook and battery generation allows using the battery and the AC adaptor at the same time.
There is not “bad memory” effect as with early batteries!

So my notebook is connected to the main power and the battery is always plugged-in.
This has no bad influence on the battery performance. But you should know that there is a battery charge limitation.
After about 500times of completely charge and discharge procedures the battery will lose slowly the performance. This is nothing unusual!

PS: Note: In the user manual you will find some useful tips and information how to handle the battery!

Best regards

earthman
16.10.2007, 19:47
Thanks R2D2 for your reply, so do you know if the charger actually cut's out once the battery is 100% fully charged?