PDA

View Full Version : Bios Update Procedure for Portege 7200CT

sirteman
07.03.2005, 06:58
Is somebody out there have the proper procedure to update the bios of a Portege 7200CT without the docking station.

Toshiba has posted a procedure in its bulletin but it does not explain how to do the update without the docking station. As everybody knows that the Portege 7200CT has its floppy drive on the docking station and if we follow the Toshiba updating procedure we have to undock the laptop, so how can we proceed with the update if the update software calls for a floppy drive that is on default to drive A:

Hope somebody out there have something to share!!!

Ivan25
07.03.2005, 16:24
Hi

I looked on Toshiba site and there is no BIOS update for your notebook. Do you have some problems with your Portege?

sirteman
08.03.2005, 03:46
Hi,

My Portege 7200CT present bios version is 1.5 and the latest version that is available at Toshiba-USA website is 2.1. I have WinXP Pro SP2 on it and the problem is that the PCMCIA slot does not recognize or detect a PC Card or Cardbus that I plug on it.

I only need to know how to update the bios without the docking station. Or can I update the bios with docking station.

Thanks,