PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro A200-1MI - no sound under WXP

miseik
18.09.2007, 23:38
I downgraded from Vista to XP and after that I have no sound, I installed sound drivers from official Toshiba driver's site and still nothing. Also tried this one: http://www.programs.pl/program,739,1.html.

Anyone have some sollution to this problem?

s.farlow
19.09.2007, 23:39
I have exactly the same problem. Recently purchased a Sat Pro A200 PSAE7 and decided to Downgrade from Vista to XP Pro and now have no sound and no Wireless Lan. Have downloaded drivers from Tosh Site but still not working. Have searched everywhere. Starting to do my head in now.

georgitzanev
20.09.2007, 22:42
You have this problem? When I try to start instaling XP, I received that I dont have HDD or something like that! Please help me a little bit boys. Thank you in advance!

miseik
21.09.2007, 18:13
I've found a sollution to both problems:
Firstly the NO HDD thing. You have to download a program called nLite (it is free), Than download a driver called storage manager from TOSHIBA site (http://ce.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp?LNG=20&service=CE&selCategory=2&selFamily=3&selSeries=154&selProduct=737&language=null&selOS=null&selType=null&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=null&page=1)

After that install the driver (You should do this on your toshi under windows vista (originally distributed with notebook) than restart your cpu and start nLite.
You will need a winXP cd, in nLite make an image of your winxp, add the driver from the location, you installed it previously, mount the image, and voila! you have your copy of winxp with necessary HDD drivers. It should work.

Now about the sound, the sollution is much easier, download the sound driver from toshiba site, install it, than go to control panel / system / device manager find unidentified PCI device (or sth like that), choose upgrade driver or install driver, choose the path were you just installed it. It works on mine notebook, still some unidentified devices maintain in the device manager, but nearly everything works fine (except fn keys, maybe you have a sollution to that, only Fn + esp and Fn + F1 works fine).

georgitzanev
22.09.2007, 11:40
Thank you for sollution but I can't make it.As you told us,I make an image but then Vista stops attempt for installation,I try with DTools and also make a bootable Cd but voila ,nothing ....Please explain again in detail.THANK YOU VERRY VERRY MUCH

miseik
23.09.2007, 16:26
You have to install it not under Vista. Simply start your cpu press F2 change 1st boot device to CD, exit&save changes after you restart Your cpu the installations starts automatically

s.farlow
26.09.2007, 00:43
I too had the HDD problem. Its because there are no drivers on the XP CD for SATA hard drives. What you have to do is use some free software called NLite and merge the SATA drivers with the files off the XP CD. (It really is ace). Available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/nLite.shtml

Read this page it tells you exactly how to do it.(http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-Windows-XP-On-SATA-Without-a-Floppy-F6-47807.shtml). If I can manage it then anyone can. Using the NLite software you copy the contents of your XP CD to your hard drive. Then you download the SATA drivers (available from the tosh site), then you integrate the drivers with your XP CD files. Finally you create an ISO image and burn it to CD. When you then boot off your new CD and install XP, it detects the SATA drive. Hey Presto!!!

But I still can't solve my sound driver problem. I have downloaded about 10 different versions of Sound Drivers for Satellite Pro Laptops and not one of them works. The only Unknown devices I have in devidce manager are "Network Controller" (Wireless Lan) and "PCI Memory Controller".

There's no mention of sound. Yet when I look in Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices it says "No Audio Device" and everything is greyed out. I really am confused now and starting to get a bit annoyed about it.

Othar
13.10.2007, 22:24
About sound. I did it as you wrote here but my sound still doesnt work. Now, when i log in to my notebook, it shows a window "Found new Hardware". But installing driver doesnt work. when i decline it, it shows another window that notebook "wants" file called AGRSM.sys . But i cant find this file. Can some1 tell me what to do now?

othar
14.10.2007, 02:27
Finally, my sound works! I'm not sure if i remember everything but i'll try to explain how did i do that:

1. Open your Device manager and do everything as Miseik wrote.

2. If your sound still doesnt work open Device manager and find Unknown device (or something like that) in System device.

3. If you dont have Unknown device in System device there must be PCI device under Another devices tab. Right click on it and chose Uninstal. Uninstall it and restart your notebook. Now, you will probably have Unknown device in System device tab. (we are still working in Device manager. I have another language on my notebook so I'm trying to translate)

4.Double click on Unknown device and chose upgrade driver or install driver (button is found under Driver tab) . Chose "No, not now" ( or sth like that). Now chose Install for seznam... (for advanced users). Now check "Dont search, I will chose driver to install" (it's last option, I rly dunno whats there in english). Now click on botton "from floppy". Go to folder where you installed driver. (probably C:\\Program files\Realtek\InstallShield) Click on file HDA and than click on button Open. Click on OK.

5. While installing it will ask you for some files, they're found probably in C:\\Program files\Realtek... or in folder with downloaded driver.

6.After installing it will show blue window (Sound manager). then it will ask you for a file called AGRSM.sys I dunno whats that but sound works without it. Restart your notebook and sound should work now.
I hope this will help to every1 who has problems. If not, keep trying like me, you can be lucky ;-) .

Thanks to Miseik, i wouldn't be abble to make it without your post :-)