PDA

View Full Version : Cannot burn CDs on Satellite Pro L10

swanseajack
21.06.2007, 01:16
I have a Satellite Pro L10 and cannot copy data files to DVD/CD drive. I go through the process using the writing wizard and it appears to download the files but finishes with a screen that says "Cannot complete CD writing wizard" and ejects the CD. The CD is blank but the size listed has changed from 720mB to 647mB for both free space and total size.

This hasn't always been the case as it did work when I first had the L10. The L10 has Windows XP

Any ideas please?

JackBlack
25.06.2007, 15:29
Hi

Do you try to burn the files using the Windows own burning option??

Hmmm… I don’t like this Microsoft function. I use a 3rd party software to burn data and files on CD or DVD.
It’s Nero burning ROM.
This tool is really nice and I did not notice any problems using this software.
You should also test this tool and I’m sure you will be very satisfied.

But back to the error message which appeared during the burning procedure;
After a long investigation on Microsoft pages I found very useful Microsoft knowledge base article and information;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324129

The error message “Error: Can not complete the CD writing wizard” may occur if the IMAPI CD Burner service is turned off. To resolve this issue, make sure that the service is running and that it has not been turned off. By default, the service is set to Manual. Start the IMAPI CD Burner service, and then test it by writing to a CD-R or a CD-RW. If the service works, you may have to set the service to Automatic if it does not start in Manual mode.

To set the service to Automatic, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc /s in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Double-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service.
3. Under Service Status, click Start.
4. Try to write data to a CD.

Good luck