PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro A10 comes up with: IDE #0 error, PXE-E61media test failed

tiredeyes
16.05.2007, 18:06
I have recently purchased a second-hand Toshiba Satellite pro A10.
When I received it, it was working and being a noob I tried to install a network card and create a wireless network with my desktop using XP when this didn't work I plugged my ethernet cable (from my desktop) into the laptop and flashed up with a few cannot ??????.dll etc etc.

Now I disconnected from the ethernet cable and when I try to start my laptop it comes up with:

"IDE #0 ERROR
Intel(r) bootagent FE v4.1.09
Copyright 1997-2002 Intel Corp
PXE-E61: Media test failed, check cables
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
Insert System disk in drive
Press any key"

NickyNoogle
17.05.2007, 15:31
HI Tom,

The error message that you are receiving indicate that your notebook is attempting to boot from the LAN connection rather than from its own hard drive or CD-ROM. I suggest you check that the boot sequence is correctly specified in your BIOS, or alternatively press F12 during your power on and you should get the boot device sequence menu appear so that you can specify that you want to boot from your hard drive.

regards,

Joao
18.05.2007, 12:41
Hello

Nicky is right. All you must do is to set HDD as first booting device in BIOS settings. Save the changes and restart the notebook.