PDA

View Full Version : Libretto U100 - Personal area network adapter must be updated

julia1
07.05.2007, 09:27
While in the process of updating the wireless adapter, I noticed that the Personal Area Network Adapter needed updating as well. Please can you let me know what this adapter is used for?

I dont think I have any software for it that came with the laptop. Can you please advise which software uses this adapter?

Thank you in advance.

Jaba
07.05.2007, 09:49
Hi

The Personal Area Network Adapter (WPAN) is similar to the WLan but the reach of a PAN is typically a few meters.
A wireless personal area network (WPAN) can also be made possible with network technologies such as Bluetooth.

Maybe you need to update the BT stack because this notebook supports also the BT technology??? On the Toshiba driver page you can find the newest BT stack.

julia1
07.05.2007, 11:49
I thought I had bluetooth already installed. What do you mean by "A wireless personal area network (WPAN) can also be made possible with network technologies such as Bluetooth." What would I use this for? Is there any security risk where another party could connect to my machine?

I cant find BT Stack under the Device Manager>Bluetooth. Were can I find it?

I have found the drivers and downloaded the file. When I install it, do I just update the driver from Device Manager and direct the software install manager to the zip file?

Jaba
07.05.2007, 12:10
> personal area network (WPAN) can also be made possible with network technologies such as Bluetooth
I mean that WPAN technology works a little bit like Bluetooth technology!
With the WPAN itís possible to connect 245 devices together. Itís possible to connect the devices in the range between 1cm and 100 meters.

PS: for deatails search a little bit in the net ;)

> canít find BT Stack under the Device Manager>Bluetooth
There is no BT stack. In the device manager->BT you will find 4 different entries. I donít know exactly but something with Bluetooth RFBNEP, RFBUS, etcÖ
After BT stack download you need only to execute the exe file and follow the instruction.

But if BT works already so you donít need to do it.

julia1
07.05.2007, 12:32
;) Yes I did google it but I didn't understand the purpose of it ... :(

I'm using Bluetooth Stack for Windows media software. I guess this software uses BT Stack which I've used a couple of times when connection my bluetooth headset. Is this what you are refering to when you mention WPAN?

Yes, I have Bluetooth RFBNEP, RFBUS, etc.

Jaba
07.05.2007, 13:16
Yes, the Bluetooth is a most famous standard of the WPAN.

julia1
07.05.2007, 13:25
Thank you :)

Jaba
07.05.2007, 13:44
Youíre welcome ;)