PDA

View Full Version : In some cases modem in Satellite L20 doesn't work

Aretha
08.04.2007, 22:34
Hello,

a friend had bought a Satellite L20 last summer. In January she began to work on the Internet irregularly but has experienced trouble. So I looked after the notebook last week:

When trying to connect to the Internet the connection to the provider sometimes fails. If she finally gets the connection there often occurs the message that the page couldn't be found and only after clicking on the button "Refresh" several times the page finally shows up. But oddly enough, every time I disconnected the power supply the connection became noticeable better.

(Win XP; driver/diagnostics: no problems showed up; provider works fine on different computers)

Unfortunately, there was no chance to check the connection right there with different hardware. I can't tell if the last driver is installed but think so because of the date of purchase. So, my guess is that the power cable isn't sufficiently shielded. But if so what to do? Or what else could be the reason for the unexpected behavior of the modem?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Joao
13.04.2007, 21:40
Hello

I have heard about similar problem on some other Satellite model. Solution was to install modem driver from Satellite A110. Please donít ask me why but test it.

The modem driver you can find HERE ( http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory=2&selFamily=2&selSeries=153&selProduct=661&language=13&selOS=10&selType=27&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=all&selectedLanguage=13&type=27&page=1&ID=52099&OSID=10&driverLanguage=42)

Good luck!