PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro A120 (PSAC0E) does not boot after RAM upgrade

jimnesbitt
19.02.2007, 04:06
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I recently bought a Satellite Pro A120 (PSAC0E) and decided to upgrade the RAM. I bought a 512MB stick from Currys with the following spec: DDR PC2700 200 pin 333Mhz SODIMM (64x64).

However, the first problem I encountered was an alignment issue. A bit of effort and manipulation resolved this, but upon inserting the RAM into the available slot, the notebook wouldn't boot, and intead I got the flashing sequence on the LED's at the from of 2,3,3.

I was advised it might be a pairing issue, so tried removing the original RAM and booting with only the new stick, still the same error. I've tried it in both slots and still no joy. It boots fine with the original 256MB RAM, but refuses to take the new RAM.

Are there any known issues? Can anyone suggest anything I may be doing wrong? I have followed the usual upgrade steps of removing all power cables and the battery pack before upgrading, but still no joy.

Here's hoping someone is able to assist!!!

Markus77
19.02.2007, 11:49
Hi James

You have simply uses wrong and not compatible memory modules!!!

> the first problem I encountered was an alignment issue. A bit of effort and manipulation resolved this,

This should not happen!!! The right modules can be inserted without any alignment issues!!!
Any manipulations can damage the module!

In my opinion you should use another and supported RAM module!!!

In my knowledge you could use the PA3512U-1M1G (DDR2-667 1GB Memory Kit) or (PA3411U-2M1G) DDR2-533 1GB
Both should be compatible.