PDA

View Full Version : Programme shut down or crash on Satellite Pro A100

karaokeal
14.12.2006, 21:26
HAVE SATELLITE PRO A100 WHICH I USE FOR MUSIC. I HAVE PCDJ INSTALLED AND FROM TIME TO TIME PROGRAMME SHUTS DOWN, CRASHES FOR NO REASON.

I HAVE FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL PROGRAMME, BUT THIS KEEPS HAPPENING WHICH IS VERY ANNOYING IF I AM DOING A DJ SET IN PUB OR CLUB.

THERE IS NO PATTERN TO THIS IT CAN SHUT AFTER 1HR OR 4HRS. CAN ANYBODY HELP AS I HAVE FRIENDS WHO USE THIS ON TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH NO PROBLEMS ...PS IT IS NOT LAPTOP WHICH CRASHES JUST PROGRAMME.....

Jeffrey
15.12.2006, 14:01
Hi Karaoke AL ;)

For me itís a clear case. The programs crashed because of the high temperature.

> I AM DOING A DJ SET IN PUB OR CLUB.

I assume the environment temperature is a little bit higher in the pub or club. Furthermore I think the notebook cannot cool properly because of the air circulation.
Iím sure the notebook will run properly without any crashes if you will use it like a common user. Be sure that there is enough free space around the notebook for a properly air circulation and coolingÖ

karaokeal
20.12.2006, 13:25
have bought notebook cooler ,but still having problem ,pcdj still randomly switching off ,someone suggested memory may be problem but laptop has 512 which pcdj recommends,CAN ANYBODY HELP OR SUGGEST ANYTHING AS THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS,,,,,

Pedro
20.12.2006, 13:59
Hi Al

I believe that it is very annoying and you can not do your work like it should be. In my opinion notebook hardware configuration is OK but, if I were you, I will upgrade memory to 1GB.

Problem is that software manufacturers recommend specific hardware configuration but it is always minimum that should be used. They say: it will work! But how?

Notebook cooler is very good and you will avoid overheating. For doing your job it is good investment. Al try to upgrade RAM with another 512 MB RAM. Test it and you will see how it works. Doing DJ job you donít need many other useless processes running in the back ground. Disable all you donít need and CPU and RAM itself will have more resource for your DJ application.

By the way, compatible memory modules for this unit are:
DDR2-533 512MB (PA3412U-2M51)
DDR2-533 1GB (PA3411U-2M1G)

Est it and if you are not satisfied you can send it back. I believe you have 14 days time for product returning.

Good luck!

karaokeal
22.12.2006, 13:40
right i have now bought a cooler for laptop and memeory upgrade to 1g but surprise surprise last night programme shut off again .good thing is it only went off once last night compared to normal 2 or 3.can anyone HELP, someone at pc world mentioned graphic cards,if anyone can help me with this problem i would apreciate your help.......problem id toshiba satellite pro a100 running pcdj prog shuts down at random ,no pattern or time ....

Pedro
22.12.2006, 15:29
Can you please explain how you use your notebook exactly? Which program/s is/are open while you work in the club? Which external devices are connected to the laptop and how?

karaokeal
22.12.2006, 16:03
laptop mainly used for disco/karaoke through pcdj. when programme running all others are closed as per prog recomendation.when not using for pcdj i use to download some music from limewire and check e mails etc ,but use on internet as little as poss as i have home coputer for this .use 2 external hard drive ,one for music which is 3gb and one for karaoke which is 4gb.sometimes 2 hard drives running sometimes just one depending on function,also use external monitor for karaoke or use club tv system ......the music i usually get music sent on disc which is transferred to hard drive either 1or 2.....

karaokeman1
27.12.2006, 20:13
i have the same laptop and im using the compuhost software for karaoke and the sam dj software for discos so sometimes im running both at same time and it just always starts to skip the music whilst on a track and its the same on the karaoke and its really annoying. i would really appreciate anyones help on this matter as i havent got much faith in this at the moment!!. please help. if i update the ram would it help at all?? am i doing anything wrong?

Jimi
28.12.2006, 11:56
After memory upgrade and additional notebook cooler the notebook went off one time. Itís a improvement in my eyes.
I think then notebook will not shut down when you use it in the common living room (not in pub, disco or club)
Try to run it at home at check if it will shut down.
If the notebook will run properly I assume itís a environment problems and has nothing to do with the notebookÖ

karaokeman1
31.12.2006, 16:12
my problem is that its not the notebook shutting down on me its just the music thats skipping on both the dj and karaoke programmes that im using. could it be the soundcard causing this? im getting really fed up with this now and im not doing anything wrong. there is nothing but music on my external harddrive so it couldnt be that. when the music skips the programmes also freeze so im wondering what should i do next. thanks in advance!!

alib_15
08.02.2007, 21:57
If you have been downloading music and stuff from some P2P sites you may have picked up some corrosive worms that will linger in your system in the background and cause crashes occaisionally and your music to skip. Try a system restore to a point before downloads. Goodluck!