PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro A30 keeps randomly switching itself off

vsolanki
03.12.2006, 01:29
Hi,

I have a Satellite Pro A30 and every so often it will just turn itself off. It happens no matter what application I am using. It will then need restarting and on my desktop I will get the message that my active desktop was switched off unexpectedly and asks if I would like to turn it back on. I have noticed that it only seems to do this when the power supply is plugged in.

I cannot be sure if it has only happened when it has been running off mains but I'm starting to think it is. The charger seems to be working fine tho as it charges fine and changes power mode when it is plugged in.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Vikesh

Joao
05.12.2006, 16:10
Satellite Pro A30 is pretty old unit and probably you have not cleaned it till now. If the unit suddenly switches OFF, independent of, running application it can be because of overheating.

It is possible that unit switches off often when connected to AC power supply because in this case ‘standard’ profile in power management is ‘Full Power’. On battery power supply CPU activity will be set automatically to lower level and can be you can work a little bit longer.

Anyway I recommend you to clean up the unit and remove the dust. You can try to do this alone but I recommend you to do this on professional way but you can make a decision how to do this.

vsolanki
16.12.2006, 16:50
Hi, its still switching off but now its switching off if it is on AC power or not. How would I clean the laptop myself and if I want to get it done professionally where could I get it done?

Thanks for the reply,

Vikesh

Joao
17.12.2006, 14:25
Hi again

First of all thanks for reward points. I like them ;)

So if you want to do this on professional way I recommend you to contact Toshiba authorized service partner in your country. The addresses you can find under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP.
Call them and simply ask how much it will costs.

I must be honest to you and say that it is not recommended to do this alone but if you want to risk a little bit you can do this following this description: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaA35/Satellite-A35-fixing-overheating.htm

Please be carefully. Everything you do is your own risk!

Good luck!!!