PDA

View Full Version : Tecra 8100: Cannot get high screen resolution - video controller driver?

BUSSINIT
29.11.2006, 21:28
Hi,

Can anyone answer the following question?

I have a Tecra 8100 which was running Windows 98. I upgraded to Win2000P but I can't get the right amount of colours or the resolution higher than 600x800. Also i can't load the old BT Broadband Driver.

In Device Manager it's asking for Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I have searched the Toshiba site for a suitable download and can't find anything like this.

Does anyone know if the solution to this problems does exist on this website or if Toshiba can send me a disk with the required info.

Another thought to the problem is that it may need a Mother Board Driver, if so can that be downloaded?

Sorry if this is vague but I'm writting this on behalf of my father-in-law so this is secondhand information.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Jayjay
30.11.2006, 12:03
Hi buddy

It sounds like you’re a little bit confused.
I think I can help you…

So for me it sounds like a missing display driver. What do you think?
Did you install the display driver for W2k?

On the Toshiba European driver page I found a necessary drivers for W2k and the display driver is also available.
There are 2 display drivers, so please check firstly the supporting.

You have mentioned the BT broadband driver. Did you mean the Bluetooth???
In my knowledge this unit does not support Bluetooth.

Mores
30.11.2006, 21:57
On Toshiba download page you can find two display drivers for W2000. Install Display Driver 7.40.29 and I presume the graphic card should work properly and allow you to set screen resolution (1024x768).

BUSSINIT
04.12.2006, 22:34
Thats enough info to get the ball rolling, thanks all.