PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player cannot play the audio files

Lauren Jane
24.11.2006, 23:52
Hi, I have Toshiba laptop, it's my baby, and suddenly I cannot play any sounds! When I click to play a song on windows media player it says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

I have tried everything and I'm on my last nerve! Basically, I'm really rubbish with computers, I can't understand this at all, I've followed every path suggested by the 'help' section in my computer and I still can't listen to 'The Feeling!' Please help, I'm going mad here!

Eldorado
27.11.2006, 16:35
Yeah buddy. The computer world is really not easy to understand and sometimes I wish I would live on the “no computer island”.
but you know, the development never stopping.

Ok, now to you problem; did you check the device manager?
Can you see any yellow exclamation marks near to the soundcard?

I think you should try firstly to reinstall the sound driver. Of course, it’s a very basically advice but mostly it works ;)

Joao
27.11.2006, 17:28
Hello

I have had similar problem after usage of Windows Live messenger (talk option). The sound was suddenly gone without any reason. I have done follow steps:

• Close all running applications
• Enter start – control panel – system – hardware tab – device manager and remove listed sound card
• Start ‘Add Hardware’ option in control panel.

The sound card should be detected and installed properly. After doing this try please to use Windows Media player again

Good luck!