PDA

View Full Version : Equium A60: Can't connect to browser with Wlan

mopalmer
23.09.2006, 14:18
hi on my A60 there is no switch on the right hand side to connect to the internet browser, the laptop shows great signal and connected but i can't seem to get access, are there any keys i could use?

Michael15
23.09.2006, 18:06
Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem, you should give us some further info.
What internet and network connection do you use? And what's exactly the problem with the browser?

Bye

mopalmer
23.09.2006, 18:43
hi

we have a wireless lan card and most laptops have a switch on the side to connect to the internet our a60 has not got this therefore it wont allow us to use the browser

hope this helps

thanks

Michael15
23.09.2006, 20:40
Hi,

if the software says it is connected, then you don't need any switch to activate the card, because it already works.

If you open Internet Explorer, can you get access to the router?

Bye

mopalmer
24.09.2006, 09:56
hi

no we have even tried plugging our router cable direct into the lap top but we still cannot get access to the browser, the laptop shows we are connected and the signal is good, sorry but we are not very good with computers if we open the explorer it says we are not connected try working off line hope this helps

thanks

Joao
25.09.2006, 09:39
Hi

Sorry but I don’t understood what you mean with “and most laptops have a switch on the side to connect to the internet”. Do you want to use WLAN connection?

mopalmer
25.09.2006, 10:35
hi its not a switch to connect to the internet in the manual they call it a wireless communication switch it turns the wireless connection on and off

Joao
25.09.2006, 10:41
I know very well what it is but you didn’t answer to my question.

Do you want to connect internet using LAN or Wireless LAN connection?

mopalmer
25.09.2006, 10:57
sorry we are using a wireless lan card

Markus77
25.09.2006, 16:45
Hi

First of all you have to be 110% sure that your notebook supports a WLan card and if the WLan card was properly installed!!

If you want to connect the notebook to the WLan router so you have to enable the WLan card. Usually the WLan switch at the notebook side should be enabled (LED on)
Then you have to switch to the WLan antenna with the key combination FN+F8.

If everything is on so you should go to the “network connections” There you have to available the WLan network properties. Go to the “Wireless networks” and choose “View wireless networks” button. There you should see your WLan.

If you have configured the WLan encryption (WPA, WEP, etc…) on the router settings so you have to put firstly the key password to connect to the WLan.
Check if the router doesn’t use any MAC address filtering.

PS: I recommend checking the wireless issue category in this forum because such issues was explained 1000 times ;)

Good luck amigo