PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Tecra A, M and S series

novocastria
11.09.2006, 03:23
Hi,
What is really the difference among A, M and S Tecra series? Which one should we choose?
It is obvious that Tecra is supposed to be a high end standard in range of the Toshiba Notebooks, but why they make different series of Tecra?

I am sorry if this ever asked, but could not find the answer.
And thank you for anyone who replied.

Regars,
-nov

Andrej
13.09.2006, 13:03
Hello

I am Tecra M user and in my opinion every series has own design and hardware configuration. The availability of different series can be much friendly for potential buyers and costumers allow them to choose the favorite product.

If you need Tecra for business I can really recommend Tecra notebooks. I use it over two years and it work like on first day. It is very important that you know exactly what you want to do exactly and you can choose your favorite one.

If you want write what you expect from one notebook. Maybe it will be easier to give you concrete recommendation.

Bye

Eldorado
13.09.2006, 14:28
I think you should know how you want to use the notebook.
Every model and notebook series has advantages and disadvantages.
The Toshiba product website is a very nice source for comparing the Tecra notebooks:
Check this:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/familyHomepage.do?service=EU&FAMILY_ID=2328

novocastria
18.09.2006, 09:49
Thank you for the reply, however I have gone through that link before, and that is why I have a problem understanding what is the significant difference between Tecra A, Tecra M and Tecra S series. I am a student and work part-time as a programmer and analyst. I do presentation sometimes.
So the laptop has to be 'portable' and 'powerful'.

However if I have to choose, at this stage I prefer 14" inch screen and the best speed and memory available.

Anyway if anyone knows the significant difference on those series please let me know, and why toshiba differentiate the range into A, M and S, why not just Tecra, Sattelite, Portege, or Libretto.

Thank you.

Regards,
Novo

Markus77
18.09.2006, 10:10
Nobody will say you why Toshiba designed and called Tecra M, S, A etcÖ
Itís a manufacture policy. The same you can discern in the car industry for example.
However, the link above provides all information about the notebooks. You can download the data sheet and compare it! Is it so difficult? I donít think so.

A little help: As I can see, the A series uses a high performance CPU and the M series is designed more for a mobility usage.

Mike30
18.09.2006, 19:34
Hello Novo

I donít know what are you study but as a student you should know how the market works and almost every manufacturer has many different products in own assortment. On this way it is much easier to come up to more customers and allow them to choose favorite products. Every one of us has different needs and can pay different price. I hope you understood exactly what I mean. Am I right?

Now I can write you many different examples from other manufacturers but then my posting will be too long.

novocastria
21.09.2006, 01:49
> Nobody will say you why Toshiba designed and called
> Tecra M, S, A etc.¶
> It's a manufacture policy. The same you can discern
> in the car industry for example.

Of course not. Sorry but I think you misunderstood my question.
(English is not my first language, sorry if I missed the points)

> A little help: As I can see, the A series uses a high
> performance CPU and the M series is designed more for
> a mobility usage.

You just have answered my question. That is a kind of answer I need.
However I need more descriptions. What about S series, I have downloaded the sheets, and
only come up with very little ideas. That was why I asked the question.

Thank you.

-Nov