PDA

View Full Version : My Equium laptop's battery wouldn't turn on and battery won't charge (stays on 2%)

dewi
26.08.2006, 10:40
Basically my laptop is 3 months old and I don't know why itís acting weird. Firstly, when I bought the laptop in June 06.. in the first week the laptop failed to power on in battery mode. So I stopped using the battery mode and had to always use my ac adapter to power my laptop.

Now 4 weeks later, I removed the battery at the back and put it back in. Guess what the battery started working. Now 2 months later the same problem occurs, only that this time after removing the battery in and out it still won't power on and the battery says 2% and also fails to charge.
So Iím stuck with my wires again... can anyone help?

Pedro
29.08.2006, 15:34
Hi

In my opinion the best solution is to confront your local dealer with this issue. If I were you I would not waste the time. Unit is pretty new, warranty still valid and unit should work well.

Maybe is there some problem with power supply electronic.

GreenApple123
05.09.2006, 23:31
I bought a replacement battery for my Toshiba laptop about a month ago from http://www.laptopsforless.com/laptopbattery/toshiba-battery and it works great. Is there any reason to think that a replacement laptop battery would be any worse than the manufacturers?

JackBlack
06.09.2006, 11:37
@GreenApple123

Well, if you want to use a 3rd party battery so you should be sure that this battery supports the same properties as the original battery from the Toshiba.
In my knowledge Toshiba recommend to use the original batteries.
In other words, the using of the 3rd party batteries is at your own risk!