PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard doesn't work properly on my old Satellite Pro 420

Nadine-537937537
21.08.2006, 16:05
I know, it is a very old Notebook, but i have a big problem, maybe someone of you can help me. I have bought the notebook only for wrighting reports. But the main problem is, when i try to write for example following sentence:

i have learn much about ....

the Notebook makes following:

i haive leairn muwech aibouwet

(In Word or the text program of Windows)

It is Windows 95 installed, i have tried to take an other keyboard driver, it only helpes for a while, after the next booting, the same problem is existing :(
Now it is so far,that the change of the driver has no more effect.

To Format the Windows 95 is not possible, cause the notebook makes "formait" :( And Linux is not Solution for me...

What can be the problem? What can i do? Has somebody else a driver or anything else what i can install to solve the problem?

In hope to find a Solution
Nadine

Weezle
22.08.2006, 11:35
Hi Nadine,

From what you have descibed, it seems as if the problem is with the keyboard itself and not with the drivers themsleves. Is it possible that there is something trapped under some of the keys, maybe a small fragment of something, especially under the "e" and "w" keys? Maybe also some liquid has been spilled on the keyboard causing the laptop to believe that sometimes these keys are pressed when they are not.

I would try cleaning under all of the keys, you may need to remove the keyboard to do this. Remove the power adapter and battery before any cleaning to prevent damage to the laptop. You should be able to find instructions for removing the keyboard in the owners manual.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Weezle

Ivan25
31.08.2006, 15:13
Hello Nadine

Try to test it with external keyboard. On this way you will see if this is just keyboard problem or something serious.