PDA

View Full Version : Equium A60-181: How to manage the connection to Tv or monitor

barreoty
18.08.2006, 09:12
Hello

I have an EA60-181

Basically I trying to watch something I have on my laptop on my television, I have connected the pc cable into to correct blue port on the back on my laptop, and connect the other half into my pc port on my television. I then have turned my tv station to pc, pressed fn f5 to lcd/tv and nothing. I just get a no signal going to my tv as it says it is searching.

I really do not know what is happening someone please tell me what is going on.

Is it the resolution?

p.s. when looking at the displays section on toshiba hwsetup that is set to lcd+analogue rgb, and under the advanced tab on control panel display the ati setup displays shows the tv is not connected even though the cable is connected someone help me???

Thanks

Wayne

redhawk
21.08.2006, 00:23
Hi there, the blue port at the back of the A60 181 is for connecting an external monitor this doesn't deliver a TV Out signal you need to use the S-Video port. To enable TV Out go to Display Properties and click on Advanced, there you can setup signal type and the overlay mode (if you want to play videos using TV Out). Be aware that your TV must be able to receive S-Video signals (Chroma / Luma) otherwise you will have a black and white picture. This problem can be overcome by using an S-Video to Composite adapter at the cost of picture quality Maplin sell them for about £4.99

Richard S.

barreoty
21.08.2006, 21:33
Thanks for that

But how can an inferior model infinity do exactly what I want it to do by the same means?

Mike30
22.08.2006, 08:38
Hello Wayne

Sorry but I didn’t understood how you connected your laptop to the TV and what you mean with “correct blue port”.

If you want to connect it properly and on simplest way you should use S-Video out port on the back side of your notebook and connect it with S-Video cable to your TV (if TV has S-Video in port). The S-Video port on the TV must be activated and using FN+F5 key combination you should be able to switch to TV.

If the picture is black/white that means that S-Video port on your television is not properly activated.

Bye