PDA

View Full Version : I can't burn anything on my Equium L20-198

smargolcia
04.08.2006, 18:41
I had a big problem with my cd drive my notebook is still on warranty so people from pc world took my notebook to fix it now it reads all CD except clear one's. When i will put cd with nothing on i will receive a message D:/ is not accessible. incorrect function. When i am treing to burn something there is no recorder message. In device manager it reads my drive and is working properly. i don want to send my notebook to then for another week or two because they don know what they doing i thing.

Help

redhawk
05.08.2006, 01:47
Hi there, when you say it reads all CDs except clear ones I assume you are talking about silver back CDs??
To start with make sure you are burning CD-Rs or CD-RWs and not DVDs the reason for this is XP does not directly support the drag and dropping of files to the DVD Drive. To burn DVDs requires the use of 3rd party software like Nero or the software supplied by Toshiba on CD.

Richard S.

smargolcia
05.08.2006, 09:45
Thanks for reply but I still don't know what to do about it. To burn CDs I am using program from toshiba-sonic. and before it was working fine.

redhawk
06.08.2006, 16:50
I know this may sound like over kill but I think it would be a good idea to reinstall XP using the product recovery DVD just be sure to backup all your important files first to flash drive or network storage. Using the product recovery will bring the laptop back to factory pre-installed state if for any reason the CD-ROM drivers had been damaged or corrupted then theoretical this process should fix it. However if you still cannot burn CD-R/RW with Explorer or DVDs with Sonic then this would prove you have a defected CD-ROM Drive.

Richard S.