PDA

View Full Version : Cannot boot my Satellite Pro A10

muzza-537886593
02.07.2006, 19:30
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. When it tries to start windows it comes up with the "We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully" etc etc. I have tried all the options e.g.

Start in:
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Last known good configuration
etc

None of the options works. All I get is a stream of information about drivers and it then hangs. The last driver in the list is:

multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drive rs\Mup.sys

I cannot get past this point.

Unfortunately I cannot find the disk that came with the laptop so I'm well and truly stuck!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

NickyNoogle
04.07.2006, 15:57
HI Leon,

It is quite normal for there to be a list of drivers displayed when you are trying to boot into 'safe' mode. However, if the boot fails then there is obviously a problem with your operating system and your only options are to try to repair the problem using the recovery console (you will need to boot from an original Microsoft install CD), or you can restore the entire operating system from the original Toshiba recovery CDs.
A third possibility would be to boot from a backup/restore utility such as Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage and restore a previously taken backup from an external device.

The simplest option is to restore from a previously taken backup, but if you don't have one then you would be better restoring from the Toshiba Recovery CDs which you can obtain from any Toshiba Authorised Service Partner.

regards,

muzza-537886593
09.07.2006, 09:42
Thanks very much for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

Cheers