PDA

View Full Version : Can't watch DVDs or play games on Equium A60

Claidi
23.06.2006, 00:53
Hi

I updated my BIOS about three months ago because I was having issues with ati2dvag.dll, and that seems to have solved the problem. I tried every fix I could find for that particular BSOD including changing the driver for my PCI-to-PCI bridge. Only the BIOS update seems to have cured that for good.

However I've since discovered that I can't watch DVDs on my laptop, or play any games with 3D content. I use WinDVD to watch DVDs, and it keeps bringing up a message telling me to lower my screen resolution or change to a lower refresh rate. However, when I do this it still doesn't play the DVD.

On trying to run a game (in this case Lemmings Revolution), the game began to load to a black screen before giving me the error message "3D accelerator not detected".

Any help would be gratefully received, as I can't work out what to do!

Gipsyman
23.06.2006, 13:02
Hi

Please start the DirectX on you notebook.

How?
Click start - open "RUN" - type dxdiag

Then you should see the DirectX diagnostic tool. Go to the Display tab and check all the options if they are enabled. (Direct draw acceleration, Direct 3D acceleration, etc)
You can also start the tests.

Claidi
23.06.2006, 18:29
> Hi
>
> Please start the DirectX on you notebook.
>
> How?
> Click start - open "RUN" - type dxdiag
>
> Then you should see the DirectX diagnostic tool. Go
> to the Display tab and check all the options if they
> are enabled. (Direct draw acceleration, Direct 3D
> acceleration, etc)
> You can also start the tests.

Cheers - Direct3D is apparently unavailable, but all the drivers are final versions as recommended. I suppose it's possible they've become corrupted, but it says 'No problems found'. Any ideas? I'm reluctant to interfere with DirectX without knowing what I'm doing.

Horwath
23.06.2006, 20:53
Hi

I have found info that graphic card on your unit has just 2D graphic accelerator. Obviously because of that 3D graphic accelerator option is not available.

Anyway it is important that you have preinstalled the latest graphic driver. Try also to test some other DVD player. I use PowerDVD and it is very good one.

revilo
13.07.2006, 20:07
your drivers version might be 6.14.0010.6430 need to upgrade to 6.14.0010.6497. try go to microsoft update click custom if there is any sotfware to be install named ati mobility radeon 7000 igp download it. might help you.