PDA

View Full Version : Equium A60 doesn't work properly with Logitech Quickcam Fusion

willum08
22.06.2006, 01:14
Has anyone managed to use a Logitech Quickcam Fusion webcam with an Equium A60 ?

I've installed the latest available drivers and software and most times it just screws up the operation of the PC. It eventually hangs so badly that I can't even recover using Windows Task Manager!! If I leave the USB lead connected to the PC, 9 times out of ten, it won't boot up into Windows, until I remove the lead :(

I've installed the same software and drivers on my Desktop PC and the camera works fine every time and boots OK with the camera connected to a USB port.

Both PCs are using Win XP with SP2 and all released updates.

Barrie
26.06.2006, 16:13
Hello Bill

Do you have problems with USB ports if you use other devices? I really don?t know what the problem can be. Check Logitech SUPPORT PAGE ( http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=167&p_created=1084580528&p_sid=OCT3J*ai&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MjEmcF9wcm9kcz04NDQsNSw4MTkmcF9jYXRzPSZ wX3B2PTMuODE5JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vyc y5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1pbnN 0YWxsYXRpb24*&p_li=&p_topview=1)

Maybe you will find some advice there.

Juan28
26.06.2006, 16:14
Hi

It sounds like a the webcam manufacture software causes any strange software problem.
It's not easy to say why it happens. Maybe any 3rd applications have a bad influence on this webcam software.
What you can do is to ask the webcam manufacture for a software update. Maybe the update will help.
The other possibility is to remove some 3rd applications and then to test the webcam functionality.

willum08
26.06.2006, 16:20
Barrie : Thanks for your reply. Other USB devices work fine on my Toshiba - no problems - just seems to be associated with the Logitech camera. I tried getting support from Logitech but no help...:(

willum08
26.06.2006, 16:26
Juan28 : Thanks for your reply. As stated in my original post, I already have the latest software and drivers loaded. I have no other applicable 3rd party applications which are liable to interfere with the camera's operation. The fact that the camera even appears to interfere with the Windows boot-up process, would suggest that other applications cannot be responsible, since they are not loaded at that time.