PDA

View Full Version : FAN buzzing on my Satellite Pro L10

imperus
05.05.2006, 20:07
After 30-60 minutes of work the fan on my Satellite PRO L10-PSL15E start buzzing, or something else near it. The buzzing stops when I press the laptop body, but only for short time, and then starts again. Need help to sort it out!!!

jmatthews
10.05.2006, 13:12
Hello,

I would have to say your fan is the problem. But you will need to take it to your Authorized Service Provider to have it changed. Turn on the computer and go into Toshiba power savings, go to Cooling, and set it at a lower speed to see if that fixes the problem. Let me know how it goes. Have a nice day.

imperus
14.05.2006, 02:27
would have to say your fan is the problem. But you will need to take it to your Authorized Service Provider to have it changed. Turn on the computer and go into Toshiba power savings, go to Cooling, and set it at a lower speed to see if that fixes the problem. Let me know how it goes. Have a nice day.

I don't know how, but it looks like I've failed to to find Toshiba power savings? Can you remind Where it should be, or it is in BIOS? I'm not the advanced user.

one more problem,
Since it became warmer outside, the laptop start getting hotter? Will computer work the same if I'll PUT in more operational memory (extra 256 mb) and reduce CPU speed???

NickyNoogle
14.05.2006, 12:26
Hi Ruslan,

You can access the Toshiba Power Management options from Control Panel -> Performance and Management. This will normally show both the Microsoft Options and also the Toshiba ones.

regards,

imperus
15.05.2006, 14:58
the windows on My laptop was reinstaled recently and all previous files were deleted. It look like there is no such option Toshiba power management in control panel--> perfomance and managaement?
Where can I get it or download?

Markus77
15.05.2006, 15:04
Hi

Switch the control panel to the “Classic View” (top left in the corner)
There you should find the power saver. But also in the task bar you should find the power saver icon which you can start.

If you have no power saver installed so visit the Toshiba driver site. There you will find it.