PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Pro 6100 Modem not working - No Dial Tone

kebl0155
17.11.2004, 03:09
Hello,

I'm in terrible trouble. I have a big meeting on Friday, and have discovered the internal modem on my Satellite Pro 6100 is not working. I've downloaded the Software Modem drivers from the support site, and the install seemed to go OK. There are no conflicts listed in device manager, and when I query the modem from within modem properties (from the control panel), it seems to query OK too, but...

THERE'S NO DIAL TONE!

I'm sure it's connected to my phone OK. Instead of a dial tone, I hear a loud buzzing, with a series of clicks. I can't hear any DTMF tones being dialled either, even when I disable 'wait for dial tone'. This behaviour is the same whether or not the modem is connected to the phone line.

I have a big meeting on Friday and will need this modem to work...any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,

Matt.

Guiseppe91
23.11.2004, 12:37
Hi,
that sounds not so good !

So far as I read your Posting you´ve checked your System almost complete.

Just on thing, have you installed a Firewall or other System Check Programs that deny the access to the modem?

If this also is ok , you should let check your Notebook about a defective Modem.

bye

Antoni99
30.11.2004, 22:01
Hi matt,

I thik Guiseppe is in a right way!

A Toshiba Service Partner could be foud on https://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com - Support & Download - Find a authorisized service partner

Bye Antoni