PDA

View Full Version : Equium L20-264: CD/DVD drive can read but not burn the discs

Gabor-537770507
26.04.2006, 18:38
Hi All,

I need help. My laptop`s cd/dvd driver can`t recognize the discs inside. It happens only when I try to burn a disc. It can read but not burn the discs. What could be the solution? I tried different brands, last time it was Maxell. The manual suggest Mitsubishi discs, but I'm not sure that it's only working with Mitsubishi discs. It can read any kind of discs.

So I`m in trouble, please help.

Thx
Gabor

Jeffrey
28.04.2006, 14:46
Hi

In the manual you will find a list of recommended medias because this medias was tested and had works properly.
However I use the TDK CDs and DVDs and it works also properly.
Juan has suggested in another posting that sometimes 3rd applications or DVD copy locks are responsible for some driver issues:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=12497

What I want to say is that it is not easy to give a generally solution for such problems.
You should try different medias, burning application and if it doesnít work so itís is a hardware malfunction. In this case you have to replace the drive.

Mores
28.04.2006, 20:50
Hi

Do you have problem with burning CDs, DVDs or maybe with both medias?

Gabor-537770507
05.05.2006, 09:53
Hi!

Yes, I have the same problem with both medias. It can read, but not burn... I tried 3 different burning softwares, including Nero 7.0, but no result. I guess, it must be a hardware failure...
If You have any ideas, please let me know. Is it possible, that the driver`s setup was incorrect?

Thx

Gabor

Gabor-537770507
10.05.2006, 17:55
Hello!

Today something happened in this case. I bought Mitsubishi discs (Cd, DVD) as this brand is recommendend by the manufacturer. The funny thing is, that the single sided DVD-RW can be burned, but the CD-RW is still not recognised...
I`m very confused now. If You have any ideas, please let me know!

Thx

Gabor