PDA

View Full Version : Need internal DVD Rewriter for Satellite Pro 4340

fewkeste
07.04.2006, 18:39
Hi has anybody found a suitable INTERNAL DVD rewriter (preferably dual layer) that fits and will work in a Satellite Pro 4340 or 4200 series laptop? No replies please that say your machine is too old etc. - they are not helpful. I Only want to hear from people that actually know something useful or have a useful direction to point me in - but please don't say "contact your service partner" or I will pull my hair out!! Cheers

Jeffrey
07.04.2006, 19:00
Hi

There is no internal DVD burner for this unit!!! This is a SIMPLE fact. You have to accept it.

Only a DVD-ROM drive or a CD-RW drive is available for Satellite Pro 4340.
I will not say you that you have to contact the ASP because you will not get it.

Check this page: There you will find a lot of compatible parts and devices for this unit.
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/devicetype-vendor-modelline-modelseries-partlist.aspx?devicetype=0&vendorlevel=ModelSeries&modelseriescatid=68721&partcatid=0&filter=2

If you want you can use a external solution.

best regards

jonsie19
09.04.2006, 02:21
Ive got a Satellite Pro 2100 and i just put a NEC 6650 dual layer dvd writer in it and soldered the two end pins together to get it to work in the laptop. Can be done by flashing the firmware of the drive instead of soldering. Very easy to do.

fewkeste
10.04.2006, 17:14
> Ive got a Satellite Pro 2100 and i just put a NEC
> 6650 dual layer dvd writer in it and soldered the two
> end pins together to get it to work in the laptop.
> Can be done by flashing the firmware of the drive
> instead of soldering. Very easy to do.

Thanks for this info - it's a useful lead to investigate to see if it is applicable to my machine - where did you find the information to know to do what you eventually did i.e. soldering the pins - a website maybe? - if so which one? Also, where did you find the information about changing the firmware of the drive as an alternative approach?

fewkeste
10.04.2006, 17:17
Thanks Jeffrey - a useful link though prices look a little on the steep side.