PDA

View Full Version : How to get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on Qosmio?

supermen5
02.04.2006, 17:00
I am wondering how to get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound from Qosmio. Everytime I play an original DVD movie, all I can get is Dolby Prologic 2. Does it have a connection with DRM? I am using Thomson cable opto plug-mini plug. Home cinema receiver accepts the digital input but doesnt give 5.1 sound. The movies that I download from HD forums with DRM removed gives the same results. Where is the problem ?
Thanks

sanremo
04.04.2006, 12:10
Hi

Did you change speaker setup to “5.1 surround sound speakers” in Advanced audio properties?

mw1
04.04.2006, 17:07
@sanremo

Hi.

Is the Qosmio (esoecially F10-series) capable of decoding 5.1 soud and proceed it to A/V receivers.
I didn't found in the user-manuals where a SPDIF-connection should be present.

Gipsyman
04.04.2006, 18:20
Hi

The S/PDIF audio line and headphone line uses the same output.

It’s possible to connect the AV receiver thru the SPDIF optical cable.
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10739

Terentino
05.04.2006, 14:04
Hi MW

I have checked User s manuals for F10-140 and on page 32 I have found this:

HEADPHONE (S/PDIF) JACK – This jack lets you connect peakers or stereo headphones (16 ohm minimum). When you connect a speaker or headphones, the internal speakers are automatically disabled.

This jack can be used also as S/PDIF jack and enables connection of optical digital correspondence apparatus.

Bye

ginbraiba
09.04.2006, 00:55
But does it works as an optical output? i donīt think so!

Itīs the same cable that can be used on the playsation2 ? this console also has an digital optical output..and itīs totaly diferent from an headphone output of the laptop!

But if anyone made an optical conection from the laptop to external speakers using it please explain! If so it wonīt be needed to buy soundcards.

thanks

Alcahest-537564125
09.04.2006, 13:16
The 3,5mm S/PDif plug on the Qosmio series ONLY works as Optical Output.
It is meant to connect the Qomsio to an "amplifier" which has optical input.

The plug is shared between this feature, optical output, and analog output to connect to standard heaphones.
I think this is why you are confused.
Later,

Alcahest

Norskman
09.04.2006, 14:26
Hi

Some players only output "stereo sound" and you have to update the codecs to get 5.1.
Also is the DVD 5.1 sound? That is important